*This recipe uses a seasoning blend (My Favorite Roast Seasoning Blend) found in the eCookbook, Mix it / Store it / Make it ~ Entrees and Seasonings. Click here to purchase and make the seasoning for your pantry!
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
8 oz frozen mixed vegetables
2 tablespoons My Favorite Roast Seasoning Blend
10.75 oz cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
2 refrigerated pie crusts, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, vegetables, seasoning, soup and milk. Stir to blend.
- Lightly spray the bottom of a 9" pie plate with a nonstick cooking spray. Line the bottom of the pie plate with one of the pie crusts, letting the edge of the crust fall along the rim of the pie plate.
- Fill the pie with the chicken mixture and top with the second crust.
- Pinch the edges of the 2 crusts together and cut 2 slits in the top crust to vent the pie.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and contents are bubbling. If the edges of the crust begin to brown before the chicken mixture is hot, cover the edges with foil and continue to bake.
This is a great family favorite so plan ahead and have dinner on the table at the end of a busy day without a lot of fuss. Follow steps 2-5 ahead of time and put dish in the fridge. When time to bake, bring the cold dish to room temperature and bake according to step 6. You can prepare this up to a day in advance.
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
|Just click the comment link below to leave us a note!|