*This recipe uses a seasoning blend found in the eCookbook, Mix it / Store it / Make it ~ Entrees and Seasonings. Click here to purchase and make the seasoning for your pantry!
8 tablespoons Italian Meatloaf Blend
1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons water
3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
12 sliced deli ham (thinly sliced)
6 slices of Swiss cheese
honey mustard dressing
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large, shallow dish, combine the meatloaf blend with the Parmesan cheese. In another shallow dish, place the egg whites.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg whites and then into the bread crumb mixture. Coat both sides of the breasts with the egg whites and breading, and then place them in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Remove baked breasts from the oven and top each with 2 slices of the ham and 1 slice of the cheese. Drizzle with honey mustard dressing and serve.
While you have the oven heated up, plan to make a double or triple batch of the breaded chicken breasts. After baking all of them, finish this recipe for Cordon Bleu and place the others (after they have cooled) into a freezer bag, 4-6 pieces at a time depending on the size of your family. Reheat breasts in the future to make Parmigiana Chicken. Another great use of the reserved breasts is to make Breaded Chicken Sandwiches for another meal. Some sandwich ideas to try include:
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
|Just click the comment link below to leave us a note!|