*This recipe uses a seasoning blend found in the eCookbook, Mix it / Store it / Make it ~ Entrees and Seasonings. Click here to purchase and make the seasoning for your pantry!
2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
15 oz ricotta cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons Basil and Garlic Seasoning Blend
2 pounds cooked ground beef, drained
4 cups Quick and Easy Spaghetti Sauce, prepared (recipe here)
8 oz box of oven ready lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, the egg and seasoning blend. Stir to thoroughly blend.
- In a larger bowl, combine the cooked ground beef and prepared spaghetti sauce.
- In the prepared baking dish, spoon a thin layer of the meat sauce, spreading it over the bottom of the dish. Reserve one cup of the meat sauce and set aside.
- Begin building your lasagna in the following order:
- 1/3 of the lasagna noodles
- 1/3 of the remaining meat sauce
- 1/3 of the cheese mixture (this will be spooned over the sauce in dollops, not spread to cover sauce)
- repeat these 3 layers twice
- after the third layer of cheese mixture, top the lasagna with the 1 cup of meat sauce set aside in step 4.
- Finish the layering with the remaining portion of shredded mozzarella
This dish freezes well after being baked. Most ovens will hold 2 lasagna dishes at one time (2 separate shelves) so consider making 2 at one time. Make the second lasagna in a disposable aluminum 9x13 baking pan (or disposable lasagna pan). When it has cooled, cover with a double layer of foil, tightly sealing the edges to prevent exposure in the freezer. To serve later, thaw and reheat at 350.
This recipe is perfect for getting the kids involved, especially if you are making more than one lasagna. Let them do the layering with you. It's an easy task that hands of any age can do and they will enjoy the time in the kitchen with you!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
|Just click the comment link below to leave us a note!|