*This recipe uses a seasoning blend found in the eCookbook, Mix it / Store it / Make it ~ Entrees and Seasonings. Click here to purchase and make the seasoning for your pantry!
8 tablespoons Italian Meatloaf Blend
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, beaten
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3 pounds)
2 cups Quick and Easy Spaghetti Sauce, prepared (recipe here)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
12 oz package of spaghetti noodles, prepared according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Set out 2 shallow dishes. In one, put the beaten egg. In the other combine the meatloaf blend and the Parmesan cheese.
- Pat dry all of the chicken breasts and dip one at a time in the egg and then breading mixture. As each breast is coated, place it in a 9x13 baking dish.
- When all breasts are coated, bake, uncovered, for 18-20 minutes until juices of the chicken run clear.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with 1/4 cup of the prepared spaghetti sauce and top with the shredded mozzarella. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve finished chicken breasts over prepared spaghetti noodles and covered with warm, prepared spaghetti sauce.
While you have the oven heated up, plan to make a double or triple batch of the breaded chicken breasts. After baking all of them, pull the amount you need for the Parmigiana Chicken dinner tonight and place the others (after they have cooled) into a freezer bag, 4-6 pieces at a time depending on the size of your family. Reheat breasts in the future to serve with gravy or simple white sauce. A great use of the reserved breasts is to make Breaded Chicken Sandwiches for another meal. Some sandwich ideas to try include:
- Parmigiana Chicken Sandwich: place heated breast on bun, top with a slice of provolone cheese and place under a broiler to melt the cheese. Top with a portion of prepared spaghetti sauce and enjoy.
- Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwich: place a thawed breast on bread or a bun, top it with a slice of swiss cheese and spread with a generous layer of honey mustard. Add other toppings of choice, like lettuce, tomato and slices of purple onion
- Cheddar Bacon Chicken Sandwich: place a thawed breast on a bun, top it with a slice of cheddar cheese and slices of crispy bacon. Add other toppings, like lettuce and tomato and condiments of choice.
- What sandwich will you create with your extra breaded chicken? Share your creations in the comment section so we can all enjoy!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
|Just click the comment link below to leave us a note!|