*This recipe uses seasoning blends found in the eCookbook, Mix it / Store it / Make it ~ Entrees and Seasonings. Click here to purchase and make the seasonings for your pantry!
2 pounds ground beef
4 tablespoons Kansas Style Dry Rub Blend
butter or olive oil
6 hamburger buns
1 cup KC BBQ Sauce, prepared (recipe here)
6 slices cheddar cheese
sliced purple onion
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium high and heat up broiler.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef with the dry rub and mix thoroughly. Shape into 6 equally portioned patties.
- Grill 5 minutes on each side, or until the center is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, butter or oil the inside of the 6 buns and place under the broiler. Cook until buns are lightly toasted. Watch carefully to avoid burning them.
- When burgers are done, coat buns with a layer of KC BBQ Sauce, add burger, a slice of cheese and any of the optional toppings listed, as desired.
Get the Kids Cooking!
Let the kids take part in the meal preparations. They are perfect helpers for mixing the ground beef with the seasoning and then shaping patties. To help them get the patties equally sized, divide the meat into 6 equal portions and let them shape those portions into patties. If you are using the fill your freezer tip below, the extra hands will be a big help!
Fill up the grill while you have it heated up! Double, triple or quadruple this recipe and freeze the extras to reheat and make these burgers in the future without heating up the grill. Or, just heat and serve bunless with extra sauce and some steamed vegetables
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
|Just click the comment link below to leave us a note!|