*This recipe uses a seasoning blend found in the eCookbook, Mix it / Store it / Make it ~ Entrees and Seasonings. Click here to purchase and make the seasoning for your pantry!
1-1/2 pounds round steak, thinly sliced against the grain (may use boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead if desired)
1 large onion, sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon Basil and Garlic Seasoning
butter or margarine
6 hoagie buns
6 slices Provolone cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the steak, onion, bell pepper and seasoning in the oil.
- When meat is well done and pepper and onions are tender, remove from the heat.
- While the meat cooks, butter the inside of the hoagie buns and place open faced under a broiler. Cook until they are slightly toasted and remove.
- Top the toasted buns with the finished meat mixture, add a slice of cheese and serve warm.
Fill the Freezer: Dinner's in the Bag!
Get the Kids Cooking:
Making frozen meals in a bag is a great time to get the kids involved. They can fill bags, squish bags or even label bags if old enough. Line up the supplies and let them help!
When making dinner tonight, add some extra meat, peppers and onions so you are sure to have leftovers to make another meal. Serve what you need for dinner tonight and reserve some extras to use in this meal treail idea.
Meal Trail Ideas:
Meal Trail Ideas:
Steak and Peppers Quesadillas:
- Place the leftover steak, peppers and onions in a skillet to reheat. Remove to set aside.
- Place a flour tortilla into a warm skillet. Place a portion of the heated meat mixture on top of the tortilla, top with some shredded mozzarella cheese and cover with another flour tortilla.
- Let cook over medium heat, flipping once. Quesadilla is ready when cheese is melted.
- Cut into quarters and serve warm.
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
|Just click the comment link below to leave us a note!|