*This recipe uses seasoning blends found in the eCookbook, Mix it / Store it / Make it ~ Entrees and Seasonings. Click here to purchase and make the seasonings for your pantry!
18 slices of crisp cooked bacon
12 slices Swiss cheese
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
7 tablespoons Kansas Style Dry Rub Blend (one single use blend recipe)
1 cup KC BBQ Sauce, prepared (recipe here)
6 Sub Rolls or large buns
sliced purple onion
dill pickle slices
- Rub chicken breasts with the dry rub blend, coating on all sides. Place on a grill over medium high heat. Brush with a thick coat of the KC BBQ Sauce twice during grilling.
- When chicken breasts are done (no longer pink in the middle), place 2 slices of Swiss cheese on each breast to lightly melt before removing them from the grill.
- Place these breasts with melted cheese onto individual buns. Top with bacon and serve with any extra BBQ sauce and optional items as desired.
Fill up the grill while you have it heated up! Double, triple or quadruple this recipe and freeze the extras either as whole breasts or shredded / chopped in 2 cup portions.
Cook Once / Serve Twice:
Ways to Use Extras:
- Reheat whole breasts and serve with steamed vegetables for a flavorful and healthy lunch or dinner.
- Make this same recipe again at a later time without firing up the grill!
- Use the chopped / shredded chicken in this Chicken Salad recipe.
- Toss the chopped / shredded chicken with a chunky pasta of choice, and some fresh, in season vegetables for a cool pasta salad.
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
|Just click the comment link below to leave us a note!|