1 Old Style Meatloaf*, prepared (thawed if previously frozen) (recipe here)
2 cups mashed potatoes (left over from another meal or made at this time*)
1 15 oz can of corn, drained
1 15 oz can of green beans, drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons of butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Crumble the prepared meatloaf into a large skillet and cook over medium heat to warm it up. Place the warmed mixture into a casserole or baking dish.
- Top the meat with the corn and green beans.
- Top the vegetables with the prepared mashed potatoes.
- Slice the 3 tablespoons of butter into thin pieces and distribute evenly over the potatoes.
- Top with shredded cheddar.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until it is gold brown and bubbly on top. Serve warm.
This recipe is best made when trailed from a meal made with Old Style Meatloaf (recipe here).
*You can also adapt the recipe to use any other pre-made meatloaf you have in the fridge or freezer. (Italian Meatloaf OR Bacon Cheddar Meatloaf. DON'T HAVE MEATLOAF??? Pre-made meatballs work too! Try any of these that you may have already put in your freezer: Italian Meatballs, Old Style Meatballs or Bacon Meatballs.
*When making the mashed potatoes for this recipe, don’t be afraid to use instant potatoes. Just follow the directions on the box for making a 2 cup batch and use as directed for the Shepherd’s Pie. Go ahead…give it a try. You’ll be surprised at how well it works!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
|Just click the comment link below to leave us a note!|