*This recipe uses seasoning blends found in the eCookbook, Mix it / Store it / Make it ~ Entrees and Seasonings. Click here to purchase and make the seasonings for your pantry!
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
¼ cup onion, diced
1 tablespoon Southwestern Style Seasoning Blend
2 cups cooked Southwestern chicken, steak or pork (shredded) (recipe here)**
15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
8.75-ounce can whole kernel corn no salt added, drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 large tortillas
Salsa, sour cream, sliced avocado
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté bell pepper and onion with the seasoning until they just become tender.
2. Stir in the shredded meat along with the beans and corn.
3. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cheese over half of tortilla, top with chicken mixture and 1 another tablespoon of cheese; fold. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
4. In same skillet over medium heat, cook each side of quesadilla until slightly brown and cheese is melted.
5. Cut in half and serve with salsa, sour cream, and avocados, if desired.
Get the Kids Cooking!
Print this recipe, put the ingredients out on the counter and watch kids old enough to be around a hot stove have a great time making dinner for themselves and/or the entire family.
When it is time to top the tortillas with the filling, let little hands join in. It's great fun for them and great memories for you!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
|Just click the comment link below to leave us a note!|