*This recipe uses seasoning blends found in the eCookbook, Mix it / Store it / Make it ~ Entrees and Seasonings. Click here to purchase and make the seasonings for your pantry!
6 large bell peppers, color of your choice
1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup diced celery
2- 8-ounce cans tomato sauce, divided
15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
3 tablespoons Southwest Style Seasoning Blend
1 cup water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut tops off of each bell pepper and remove seeds and membranes; rinse. In a large saucepan, cook peppers 5 minutes in enough boiling water to cover; drain. Set aside to cool.
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef and onion until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Add celery, 1 can of tomato sauce, beans, and seasoning; stir until well blended. Cook 5 minutes; stir constantly.
- Fill each pepper with meat mixture.
- Place peppers prepared baking dish with sides touching for support. In a small bowl, combine water, sugar and remaining can of tomato sauce; pour over peppers.
- Bake 30 minutes or until peppers are tender.
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
|Just click the comment link below to leave us a note!|