*This recipe uses a seasoning blend found in the eCookbook, Mix it / Store it / Make it ~ Entrees and Seasonings. Click here to purchase and make the seasoning for your pantry!
Or click here to buy now.
shredded Mozzarella cheese
prepared spaghetti sauce
precooked ground beef, sausage or vegetarian crumbles
*Portions are not listed as this can be made as a dish for one or a dish for many. One mushroom cap for each person is considered a serving size. Adjust the portions you need according to how many you are serving
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Clean out the underside of the Portabella Mushroom, removing the stem and most of the dark gills. Place one cleaned up cap in an individual, oven proof dish (like a souffle dish) or place several caps in a casserole dish.
- Fill each cap with a precooked meat or vegetarian crumbles as desired (optional)
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese (if not using meat, then put a generous amount of cheese as first layer)
- Top with prepared sauce. (if making individual portions, just fill the dish with sauce. If making a casserole dish version to serve several people, use enough sauce to cover the mushroom caps)
- Finish with another layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
Serve warm, right out of the oven.
|Top with shredded mozzarella. If you have some parmesan, it would be tasty mixed in with the mozzarella!|
|Top with sauce. I tap it down a bit so I can get as much in the single serve dish as possible.|
If making the casserole dish version, I'd add just enough to cover the mushroom caps.
|Yep...one more layer of cheese. Yes Please!|
|Yes, it is as delicious as it looks!|
And it was so easy to assemble. Not to mention, just 20 minutes in the oven!
|Use a fork and knife to chop up the portabella in the bottom of the dish so you have a bit of it in every bite.|
I cannot recommend this dish enough.
It was so full of flavor with the meaty goodness of the mushroom baked into the sauce and cheese.
Like what you read? Want to be sure you don't miss future posts?
After you click above and put your email in the form,
don't forget to click the verification link that will be sent to your inbox
...otherwise I can't save you a seat at the table!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
|Just click the comment link below to |
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!