Be sure to check out the packaging ideas at the end of the recipe and stock your pantry today!
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup boiling water
- Heat ove to 350 and prepare 2 9-inch baking pans (round or square) with a flour based nonstick spray.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. (see photo idea below for prepackaging these ingredients)
- Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and beat on a medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the boiling water and pour into the prepared pans, dividing batter in half. (batter will be very thin)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes and then remove from the pans to cool the rest of the way on a wire cooling rack.
- Frost when cake is fully cooled. (see recipe for frosting here)
|The dry ingredients go first...|
so it just makes sense to package up a few batches
to make this faster and easier in the future!
|Yes...it is supposed to be THAT runny!|
|THE hardest part...letting it cool until it is time to frost....|
|The jars are my cake mixes and the bags are my frosting mixes.|
I LOVE having these on my pantry shelf.
And not JUST so I can have my cake and eat it too!
They are great go to items to package as gifts...
wedding basket / housewarming gift / hostess gift
Did you know I have a series of eCookbooks
featuring recipes to make your own blends for:
Find them all by clicking here and taking a look around
If you liked this
Like what you read? Want to be sure you don't miss future posts?
After you click above and put your email in the form,
don't forget to click the verification link that will be sent to your inbox
...otherwise I can't save you a seat at the table!
Copyright© 2012 Around the Table with Tami
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
|Just click the comment link below to |
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!