I was inspired to create this favorite blend of seasonings when my family raved about a Taco Soup served at a church potluck one Sunday afternoon. After asking my friend for the recipe, I realized it was one that used so many packaged seasoning blends and canned goods that one recipe could feed an army. I rose to the challenge and set out to dissect the ingredients for each of those seasoning packets called for to create a recipe that made just enough soup for one family at a time.
This is still one of the few meals my pickiest eater will always get excited about
when I tell him it’s ‘what’s for dinner’.
5 tablespoons Taco Soup Blend (recipe in the soups eCookbook Here)(or one single use blend recipe)
1 15.25-ounce can corn, undrained
1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 15.5-ounce can pinto beans, undrained
1 4-ounce can chopped chilies, undrained
2 cans water (any of the now empty cans, filled with water and added to the soup)
2 cups precooked ground beef or shredded chicken
- Place all of the ingredients in a soup pot and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- To serve, consider topping each bowl with a dollop of sour cream, some fresh diced tomatoes and avocado, a handful of shredded cheddar cheese and some crushed up tortilla chips. OR…serve just as it is and enjoy the great flavor of this simple soup!
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!