A little cinnamon, some apples and walnuts baked into a warm loaf of bread. Ummmm...yes please!
½ cup shredded sharp cheddar (for more cheddar flavor add ½ cup more)
1½ cups milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
2/3 cup sugar
1 Basic Beer Bread Blend*
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup chopped walnuts
1½ cups chopped, peeled Granny Smith apples (2 apples)1 stick butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 5½x9" loaf pan with flour based nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the bread mix, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, mix well, stir in walnuts and set aside.
- Combine apples, butter, cheese, milk, and egg in a large bowl and mix well, add dry ingredients to the apple mixture and stir until mixed.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth with spoon until batter is even.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. You may want to cover with foil after baking 50 minutes to prevent over browning. After removing from oven, wait 10 minutes and then invert onto wire rack to cool.
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!