This one cooks up so fast you won't have any excuses for denying yourself or your family. Keep several of the blends on the pantry shelf (see recipes for blends in the Soups eCookbook) and you will be ready to make this or any of the other variations this potato soup can bring to your family table. (see other recipes here)
1 Baked Potato Soup Blend (recipe in the soups eCookbook Here)
1 cup milk (or substitute half-and-half for even creamier, richer soup)
4 cups water
OPTIONAL: (for a chunkier soup)
1 medium potato, cooked and diced
- In sauce pan over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Stir often to avoid scorching the milk at the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, continuing to stir as needed to prevent scorching.
For a loaded Baked Potato Soup, add 2-3 tablespoons of bacon bits, a handful of shredded cheddar and/or a dollop of sour cream.
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!