2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped (or 4 cups precooked chicken ~ tip here)
1 cup long grain rice, not cooked
6 cups water
1 bunch green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 2 ½ quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- (If using precooked chicken, skip to next step) In large skillet, cook chicken until juices run clear; about 10 minutes; remove chicken; set aside.
- After removing the chicken, pour into the skillet the gumbo blend, rice and water; bring to a boil. Turn to low, simmer covered, for 15 to 20 minutes until rice is tender.
- Add chicken to skillet. Stir and pour into casserole dish. Top with green onions.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until set.
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!