My youngest child has always loved the garlic and cheese biscuits served at a well known national seafood restaurant chain. His birthday dinner request was always this restaurant; not for the seafood, which he hates, but for the biscuits. This is my version of those well known biscuits.Since developing this homemade blend, we haven’t been back there for his birthday since!
(find the blend for this recipe in the Breads eCookbook)
1 Garlic and Cheese Biscuit Mix (recipe in the breads eCookbook Here) (or 2 ¼ cups of the bulk blend)
⅔ cup water
¾ cup shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Combine the dry mix with the water and shredded cheddar. Stir to form a stiff dough.
- Using a 2 tablespoon sized scoop or spoon, scoop and drop biscuits onto prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Biscuits will be light brown on bottom but still white on top.
- Remove pan from oven and drizzle cooked biscuits with melted butter (May use more than ½ stick if desired.) Best if served while hot and fresh.
Makes approximately 20 biscuits
|The dough is stiff and easily formed into drop biscuits.|
|I find the spring loaded scoops are best.|
I have several sizes, but use the 2 tablespoon sized scoop
to make these perfectly formed drop biscuits.
|The biscuits don't spread out,|
so you can fill up the pan.
I get about 20 per batch on one pan
(2 tablespoon portions)
|See... plenty of room!|
The biscuits don't brown up on the top,
so don't over bake them waiting for the tops to turn golden.
|If you're not sure...check the bottom. |
It will get golden brown when done.
|A drizzle of melted butter ~ YES PLEASE!|
|A perfect addition to a bowl of soup, chili or...|
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!