Using pre-cooked and shredded chicken makes this dish come together even faster. The flavorful cream sauce makes these chicken enchiladas better than the usual enchilada.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 2 cups pre-cooked and shredded chicken ~ see tip here)
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup milk
1 8-ounce container sour cream
1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 4-ounce can green chilies
1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- (if using pre-cooked chicken, skip to step 3) In a large skillet, cook the chicken in the oil until the juices run clear and center of chicken is done. Using a fork, shred the cooked chicken.
- While the chicken cooks, in a sauce pan add the seasoning, milk, sour cream, tomatoes and chilis. Heat on low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid scorching.
- Lay out the 12 tortillas and spoon 2 ½ tablespoons of the shredded chicken down the center of a tortilla. (if there is chicken left over, spread it between the 12 tortillas.)
- Spoon a portion of the seasoned tomato sauce over the chicken and roll the tortillas up. Place them seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Spoon remaining soup mixture over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of enchiladas and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!