~This a "dinner's in the bag" recipe that you can use to fill the freezer with dinner tonight and dinner another night!
~Cook Once / Serve Twice ideas to turn extras into a new meal, not leftovers!
3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 10.5-ounce can cream of chicken
1 10.5-ounce soup can of water
7 tablespoons of Tortilla Soup Seasoning Blend (recipe in the soups eCookbook Here) (or 1 individual mix)
Slow Cooker Option:
- Place the chicken into a slow cooker. Combine the cream soup, water and seasoning in a bowl and pour it over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours (or high for 4 hours)
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a 9x13 dish with nonstick spray.
- Place the chicken into the pan. Combine the cream soup, water and seasoning in a bowl and pour it over the chicken. Cover with foil and bake for 30 - 45 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Serve the chicken breasts on top of a portion of mashed potatoes and cover with the sauce.
- Shred the chicken and toss it with the sauce and some precooked rice. Add some steamed vegetables and it is a full meal ready to serve with a side salad.
Double the recipe and make one of these dishes another night with the extra meat and sauce:
- Shred the chicken and toss with extra sauce. Add a can of diced chilis and stir. In a casserole dish that has been prepared with nonstick spray, lay down a layer of corn tortillas. Top with the shredded chicken mixture, add another layer of corn tortillas and top with shredded cheese (cheddar or Monterrey) Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Shred the chicken and toss with cooked rice. Add 8 oz of frozen mixed vegetables and pour into a casserole dish. Top with shredded cheddar and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until warmed through.
Dinner's in the Bag
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!