1 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 cups instant rice
1 4-ounce can diced green chilies
4 tablespoons Tortilla Soup Seasoning Blend (recipe in the soups eCookbook Here)
2 cups water
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter or margarine. Add rice and toss to coat with the butter. Add green chilies, seasoning, and water; stir and bring to a boil.
- Cover with lid and remove from heat for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
Blends You Can Bag:
Make it a Mix!
If you have ever purchased a flavored rice mix in the store, you will love having this homemade version on your pantry shelf! Just put the rice and Tortilla Soup Seasoning in a small baggie, seal and label with the recipe name. Then print the 'printer friendly recipe' and store it on the pantry shelf with the rice mix. Make more than one at a time and store them with the recipe in a basket on the pantry shelf. Quick and easy sides are always a handy thing to have around.
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!