We usually enjoy this soup with a batch of Cheese and Garlic Biscuits!
2 tablespoons oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces (see make ahead tip here)
1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
1 Louisiana Gumbo Seasoning Blend*
1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
4 cups water
1 8-oz package frozen okra
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium high heat. When hot, add the chicken and sausage. Stir and cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle. (If starting with pre-cooked chicken, just put it and the sausage into the pot without the oil and jump to step 2)
- Add the seasoning blend, diced tomatoes and water. Bring to a slow boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the okra at this point and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the okra is warmed through. Cooking too long will make the okra gummy.
Serve over rice and with a shake of hot pepper sauce as desired.
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!