I've included my tip for a flavor variation here too...enjoy!
1 14.5-ounce can corn, drained
1 4-ounce can green chilies
2 pounds ground beef, cooked (tip here)
3 tablespoons Taco Soup Seasoning Blend*
1 cup shredded cheddar
2 Sweet Cornbread Blends (recipe in the soups eCookbook Here (or 4 scant cups of the bulk blend)
1 cup milk
1 stick butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Combine the cooked ground beef, Taco Soup Seasoning Blend, corn and chilies. Place this mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the cornbread mix, milk, eggs and melted butter. Stir to blend and pour the batter over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Great served with any of these toppings:
- Sour Cream
- Fresh tomatoes, diced
- Fresh avocados, diced
For a flavor variation, add a tablespoon or 2 of fresh cilantro (chopped) to the meat mixture before putting in the baking dish. Finish as directed and enjoy this fresh lift of flavor to the final result.
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!