I call it 'family friendly' chili and we make it quite often during the chilly months.
Perfect served with my Sweet Cornbread!
1 No Alarm Chili Seasoning Blend (recipe in the soups eCookbook Here)
1 pound ground beef ** (or 2 cups / 1# precooked ground beef ~ tip here)
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
**Bean and Beef option: use ½ pound ground beef and 1 15.5-oz can of kidney beans, drained instead of 1 pound ground beef.
1. In a large pot, brown the ground beef and drain. (if using precooked ground beef, skip to #2, adding it then)
2. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Can be made ahead and served reheated another day for even more ‘marinated’ flavor.
Serving suggestion: Serve over cooked rice with some diced onion, shredded cheddar and a dollop of sour cream.
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!