Hot Cheese and Sausage Enchilada Dip}
With a few simple steps, you have Mexican Style Comfort Food! So have a party tonight, make extra dip and then make dinner tomorrow night!
one batch of Hot Cheese and Sausage Enchilada Dip, prepared (recipe here)
8 flour tortillas, cut into quarters
2 cups shredded mozzarell or cheddar (or a combination of the 2)
fresh tomatoes, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover the bottom of the prepared dish with a layer of the quartered tortillas (use half of the tortillas you prepared)
- Top this layer of tortillas with half of the prepared Enchilada Dip.
- Use the remaining tortillas to cover the layer of dip and top this with the remaining Enchilada Dip.
- Top with shredded cheese, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes until cheese toasts just a little and the casserole is warm and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and top with the optional tomatoes and avocados as desired. Serve warm.
|If making the dip for this recipe at this time, |
use the stove top cooking directions to make it faster.
(or make it ahead earlier in the day using the slow cooker options)
|The dip recipe calls for the Chicken Enchilada Soup blend from my|
eCookbook ~ Soups. This is one of the reasons I like to keep
a jar of the bulk blend on hand at all times!
|All of the dip ingredients go into the skillet and cook until melted to|
make the sauce (or dip!)
|A pizza cutter makes quick work of quartering the flour tortillas!|
|Start with the four corners when layering the tortillas and then fill in the sides and center.|
|First layer of the dip / sauce...doesn't have to be 'exactly' half...just cover the|
layer of tortillas and the rest will be added on the next layer.
|Second layer of tortillas...no need to cover sauce completely.|
|Add shredded cheese of choice.|
|When serving, some fresh tomatoes give it nice color. I was out of|
avocado this day, but is sure is good with some diced on top!
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!