These Chicken Tostadas are a fresh way to serve Mexican flavors at your family table. Prepare the chicken in advance to make quick meal assembly at dinner time.
3 pounds chicken breasts
3 tablespoons Taco Soup Seasoning Blend (recipe in the soups eCookbook Here)
2-3 cups chicken broth
½ cup shredded cheese cheese (Colby/Cheddar/Monterrey Jack…whatever is desired)
8 tostada shells
diced fresh tomatoes
- Place chicken, seasoning and broth in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken and shred. (This step may be done in advance.)
- When ready to serve tostadas, Preheat oven to 350.
- Top tostadas with refried beans, seasoned chicken and cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and put in the oven to heat until cheese is melted (about 3 to 5 minutes). Serve warm.
When removed from oven, you may top with shredded lettuce, diced fresh tomatoes, diced avocado and/or sour cream.
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!