Throw some pinto beans into a slow cooker, along with these seasonings and enjoy a nice pot of flavored beans at the end of the day. Add some meat to the pot and make it an entree you can serve over rice.
1 pound dried pinto beans, rinsed and picked over
4 cups hot water
2 tablespoons Tortilla Soup Seasoning Blend (recipe in the soups eCookbook Here)
1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 pound cooked ground beef
- Lightly spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray or line with a slow cooker liner.
- Add beans, water and seasoning. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or until beans are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes (along with cooked ground beef if desired); set slow cooker on high and cook uncovered 30 minutes or until heated through.
This dish is great served with the Sweet Cornbread Recipe found in my Breads eCookbook!
Blends You Can Bag:
Make it a Mix!
You will love having a homemade 'mix' version if this recipe on your pantry shelf! Just put the beans and Tortilla Soup Seasoning in a small baggie, seal and label with the recipe name. Then print the 'printer friendly recipe' and store it together with the mix. Make more than one at a time and store them with the recipe in a basket on the pantry shelf. Quick and easy sides or entrees are always a handy thing to have around.
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!