Corn Chips add a crunch to this family friendly casserole! It's the easy way to whip up the flavor of enchiladas without all of the effort.
1 pound lean ground beef (can also be precooked ground beef prepared ahead -see this tip)
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons Tortilla Soup Seasoning Blend (recipe in the soups eCookbook Here)
2 8-ounce cans tomato sauce
¼ cup water
2 cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese, divided
2 cups corn chips, crushed, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef with onion and bell pepper until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. (if using precooked ground beef, place the defrosted meat into the skillet and reheat while sauteing the onion and bell pepper in a little oil).
- When beef mixture is done, stir in seasoning, tomato sauce, and water, heat to simmer and then turn off heat.
- Layer ½ meat sauce, 1 cup cheese and 1 cup crushed corn chips in prepared baking dish; repeat layer.
- Bake 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired.
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!