Use whatever produce you have in the fridge and enjoy!
I'm still looking for ways to use more fresh produce and lean cuts of meat while making my healthy meal choices still full of flavor. Thank goodness for seasoning blends like Basil and Garlic (recipe found in cookbook listed here)
This dish so simple to create it doesn't really need a printable recipe. In fact, I'll just post the pictures of how I pulled it together and you can then add your own creative twists using whatever produce you have on hand!
Sautee boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or tenders) in a large skillet or wok
with some hot oil and sliced purple onion
(or whatever color onion you have on hand!)
Sprinkle this with a generous portion of Basil with Garlic Seasoning Blend.
HOW MUCH CHICKEN AND ONION?
- 3 oz of chicken per person being served (or more if you have big eaters)
- 2 slices of onion per person being served
Once the Chicken and onion are cooked through, place on a serving dish
accompanied by an assortment of salad making choices.
- Romaine Lettuce cut into small pieces and tossed with a little olive oil and Basil with Garlic Seasoning
- Sliced cucumber
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Don't have those particular veggies on hand?
Use what you have!
This entree style salad is assembled individually.
Everyone gets to add whatever they like
which makes everyone happy!
This is a great dish to make ahead. Precook the chicken and onions and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or stove top and set out for service as defined above.
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!