I don't buy them anymore though! Instead I take the hot dog and hamburger buns that always seem to be left in the bag just after they pass their freshness date and freeze them preseasoned to make my own frozen garlic bread.
Easy and very cost effective!
Old buns of any kind
(even if they have begun to get a little hard...this technique softens them right up when it's time to serve them)
Basil and Garlic Seasoning Blend is nice on these too!
- Open the buns and lay them out on a flat surface.
- Coat the insides with a moderate amount of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with a generous portion of garlic powder and grated parmesan.
- Fold the tops and bottoms of the buns back together and slide them into a gallon sized freezer bag. Freeze until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, remove the portion of seasoned buns from the bag. Open them up and place them on a baking sheet with the seasoned sides facing up. Place under a broiler and cook until lightly toasted.
Find more recipes for Homemade Bread Mixes HERE...look for the Breads eCookbook.
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!