I'm constantly looking for ways to stock my freezer with quick to prepare frozen meals that serve one at a time. This one is a favorite, both for me and the young men I'm still raising at home!
Each kit makes 1-2 tacos, depending on how I fill the bag. A few minutes in the microwave and lunch or dinner is ready to serve!
Snack sized zip top baggies
Quart sized zip top freezer bags
Prepared taco meat (recipe link HERE)
shredded cheddar cheese
- Place 1- 2 tortillas into the quart sized bag.
- Fill the smaller baggies with 1-2 portioned servings of prepared taco meat.
- Fill another small baggie with a handful of shredded cheddar cheese.
Put the one of the baggies of taco meat and one of the baggies of cheddar into the quart sized baggie with the tortilla(s)
Now you have a taco kit!
Place them into your freezer to pull out and serve one at a time.
- Remove the small bags of cheddar and and taco meat from the quart sized baggie.
- Place the tortilla onto a microwavable plate and sprinkle the frozen taco meat and shredded cheddar over the top.
- Put into the microwave and cook for a few minutes on high, until the meat is warmed.
- Carefully remove from and fold in half to serve. Garnish with salsa as desired. (Here's a great recipe for that!)
Corn Salsa with Avocado
Lemon Chicken Tacos
Find more recipes for Homemade Mixes HERE...look for the eCookbooks and Planners.
I have a chair saved at the table just for you! With a quick email subscription, I'll let you know when a new meal has been served! There are 2 ways to subscribe:
- Sign up for daily post notifications ~Subscribe /CLICK HERE to be notified by Email
- Sing up for the monthly newsletter summary of posts AND get additional kitchen tips and special cookbook offers.~ CLICK HERE to subscribe by email and learn about the gift with subscription.
- SPECIAL GIFT WITH NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION: receive a printable 1 week meal planner FREE!
CLICK HERE to find places I may be pulling up a chair and linking this post.
These are tables I recommend you visit when you have time!
Like it? Love it? Made it? Made it better?
Just click the comment link below to
say hello, leave us a note or
just encourage me with a smile!